Saturday, November 12, 2011

Do Me A Favour.

I have been lucky enough to catch a few shows starting this past week with the Arctic Monkeys at Glasgow's massive-est venue. I think it was my first ever real, solidly rock n' roll show, with actual famous people. We even had to wait in line, and the place was swarming with kids with mouths full of braces hurling cups of beer into the crowd. It was the first time I have been in a venue that big, where I had to stand so far back that the band looked miniature. Luckily there were huge screens on which I could watch them stomp around and repeatedly slick back their hair. Surprisingly enough it was a really good show, and they sounded great live. Everyone was really happy to see them. Eden is rather fond of frontman Alex Turner so the night before I drew her a picture of him, based off of a recent GQ photo, as a little pre-show souvenir. It looks like this:


I played with the proportions of the hands. I feel like they are key to his career as a musician, so important, no?


And here, in a bit more detail: 

Here's one of theirs from the new album. All of the songs are good. S'hard to pick one. Go listen to the whole thing on Spotify or somethin. 


Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair by theinsound

Found out he's from Sheffield. A northern lad with a northern accent. His stuff for the Submarine soundtrack is really good. Here's a bit. I like it.



Anyway, I saw Girls last night, and ran into Stuart Murdoch last weekend so i'm still reeling from all this close contact with personal creative idols. I'll put up some writing soon. There's so much good music floating around....... Oh wait, this one too.


Okie doke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment