Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moving Along.

Nothing thrilling is happening. I am continuing to fall in love with the city. It is still scary and friendly. Strangely enough have been feeling more patriotic than ever before. It is really a new feeling for me. That will be for another post. 


A photo I took back in Edinburgh. That skyline is really gorgeous.







































 I can't wait for real fall to set in here. The foliage is going to be off the hook in the park. I have tried to write a couple of times. It's been a bit difficult. I want to write a poem for the river Clyde, because I like it so much, and I keep trying to find my way to the canal but it hasn't worked. And I can't really write about the river until I have walked along it. So I wrote this. I think it's for Olivia. Not sure what it is or what it is about. Meh. 

The Millionth Untitled

Headbang
In time to
And as
Breaks screech
And the subtle unrest
Of slammed doors
Tears at the afternoon
Shimmy and shake
In empty bedrooms
Against a backdrop
Of liquor stores
And the rainy riverbank
Laugh and fall back
Again and again
Onto a thin mattress
In night that stretches dimly towards
No point of resolution


No comments:

Post a Comment